The following program is for invited students who are 16-17 years of age.
UPDATE (3/7/2022): Please note the following changes/impacts:
- New Applicants: We have implemented a new Database System. Please see below for the new process.
- Please select the Type of Program for guidelines on resuming onsite activities.
You must have been invited to volunteer by a designated department faculty and/or staff within UCLA Health and the UCLA Schools of Medicine, Public Health, or Nursing.
Invitation and eligibility into the program is at the discretion of these departments and the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Office. Priority will be given to UCLA undergraduates.
Prospective Minor Volunteers are typically invited by UCLA faculty and/or staff to assist with Administrative Projects and/or Basic Science Research Projects.
Please review the Volunteer Eligibility Requirements before proceeding with the clearance process.
- "Clinical Activities": activities that will involve ANY of the following:
- Patient or human research subject contact/interaction
- Access to or handle any identifiable/clinical/medical information
- Perform any duties involving activity within clinical settings and areas (i.e. hospital, clinics, waiting rooms, etc.)
Please select (click) which program you will be part of for more information about the clearance process:
This program is desinged to process clearances for individuals invited to volunteer in an assignment that will have any "clinical activities".
NOTE: The following Department Volunteer Applicants must be processed through this program even if your assignment is Non-Clinical:
- Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Radiation Oncology, and Radiology.
This program is designed to process clearances for individuals invited to volunteer in an assignment that will NOT have any "clinical activities".
For any additional questions NOT listed in our FAQs, please contact the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Office.