UCLA SRP Student VPN Exception Request
Due to the current situation and transition of onsite learning to remote learning per UCLA Campus guidelines, the UCLA Health Sciences has created an exception process for registered UCLA Students enrolled in an SRP course who are eligible for a UCLA Health VPN exception:
Before submitting a UCLA SRP Student VPN Exception Request, please ensure the request applies to all of the following:
- Request is for a UCLA Student enrolled in an SRP course for the current quarter and is dual registered as a volunteer with UCLA Health Sciences.
- The UCLA SRP student already has a valid Volunteer Mednet account.
- If they do not have a Volunteer Mednet account, their Scope of Duties must indicate a Mednet will be used before requesting a Volunteer Mednet account from the department IT Authorizer. Please contact Lilyzhang@mednet.ucla.edu for more information on how to update or for more details.
- UCLA Health VPN Access is only for performing duties that involves non-clinical, non-restrictive, and de-identified data ONLY. (Note: Access to clinical, restrictive, or identifiable data is still NOT permitted per policy.)
- The UCLA SRP Student is accessing VPN using a UCLA Health encrypted and anti-virus software (Sophos) installed device AND no other options listed in the Remote Volunteering Guidelines can support duties that require UCLA Health VPN access.
- UCLA Health VPN access will only be granted for the duration of the student's SRP enrolled quarter. May be extended if remote learning continues per campus guidelines (subject to change).
- Request must be completed, signed, and submitted via email through a UCLA Mednet account (no personal emails) by the sponsoring faculty/supervisor indicated on the SRP contract.
Proceed with VPN Exception Request
If the request does not apply to all of the above, please visit our Remote Volunteering Guidelines for other options to share non-clinical, non-restrictive, and de-identified data with the UCLA SRP student.