Financial Help for AYA Cancer Patients
Find out what you can do to minimize the financial impact of cancer treatment.
Financial Help and Consultation
Have questions about how your cancer treatment options can affect your financial future? We help you find the guidance you need to evaluate your current finances and understand your financial landscape.
Insurance is complicated. It can significantly reduce costs, but you may need some help understanding exactly who and what is covered. We can help you:
- Learn how to switch insurance providers
- Explore what type of insurance plan you have
- Determine how changes to your treatment may affect what insurance covers
- Find sources of insurance if you aren’t covered by an employer or parent
Careers and Cancer
You may be concerned about keeping your job during cancer treatment. We will help you figure out how to maintain employment. We recommend useful resources like:
- Cancer and Careers: Provides expert advice, resources and education on navigating cancer and possible work issues
- Cancer Legal Resource Center: Offers unique, up-to-date education and assistance about maintaining employment during treatment to cancer patients and their families
Financial Help for AYAs
Quite a few programs are designed specifically to help young adults with cancer:
Please reach out to Julia Leavitt at JPLeavitt@mednet.ucla.edu to find out how else we can help.