About the Office of Cancer Training and Education
The UCLA Health Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Office of Cancer Training and Education is committed to exceptional cancer research education, mentorship and training to support trainee career development and provide a foundation for ongoing progress against cancer. Our mission is to foster innovation and excellence in interdisciplinary cancer education and training through partnerships and to create innovative and complementary cancer-related education and training programs for all trainee levels. The Office embraces, coordinates, and helps organize rich and diverse cancer education and training programs across the UCLA campus and at affiliate and partner institutions. Serving as a coordination center for all educational activities in the Cancer Center, the Office provides an academic and administrative scaffold for supporting cancer-related training and education in basic, clinical, and population sciences.
To achieve our mission the Office has three primary objectives:
- To identify, integrate, and support existing cancer-relevant education and training activities
- To create and coordinate new cancer education, career development, and mentorship programs and activities
- To engage trainees from underrepresented groups and support their cancer career development
The Office of Cancer Training and Education offers free virtual assistance for cancer training, education, and mentorship related meetings. Virtual assistance is available to all Cancer Center members only, and a two-month notice is required for all meeting requests.
For more information, click to download the flyer.
- October 2023: Basic Science Trainee Work in Progress Monthly Session for graduate students and postdocs
- October 2023: Navigating Careers in Clinical Research for allied health professionals, trainees and faculty
- November 2023: CRTEC-JEDI-COE Mentorship Panel to highlight initiatives and collaborations
- January 2024: Seminars and other Education activities for all. Click here to see the Calendar of our activities
- April 2024: UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center Fellowship Awards program for Graduate students, Postdocs and Residents
- May 2024: Poster display competition at 2024 JCCC all members symposium. This would also be a great networking opportunity for faculty and trainees members
- May 2024: Undergraduate Research and Creativity Week for undergraduate students to display your work
- May 2024: NIH ‘F’ writing workshop for Grad students, Postdocs, Fellows and Residents
For additional information, suggestions or ideas, please contact us at [email protected].
Get access to a community of cancer trainees and mentors, programs, seminars, educational events, career development opportunities and more.