Dr. Yong Kim's research interests include:
- Study on the cellular and molecular function of cell cycle regulator in embryonic stem cell differentiation and embryo development
- Molecular determinants in the effects of teratogen in human stem cells
- Epigenetic regulation in embryonic stem cell differentiation and cancer development
- Role of CDK2AP1 in cell cycle regulation and the significance of its differential expression in cellular transformation in relation to checkpoint regulation and apoptosis
- Translational application of cell cycle regulatory mechanism for head and neck/oral cancer treatment
- Liquid biopsy for cancer detection using cancer-associated oncogenic mutations.
Xiao H, Zhang Y, Kim Y, Kim S, Kim JJ, Kim KM, Yoshizawa J, Fan LY, Cao CX, Wong DT. Differential Proteomic Analysis of Human Saliva using Tandem Mass Tags Quantification for Gastric Cancer Detection. Sci Rep. 2016 Feb 25;6:22165. doi: 10.1038/srep22165.
Khalid O, Kim JJ, Kim HS, Hoang M, Tu TG, Elie O, Lee C, Vu C, Horvath S, Spigelman I, Kim Y.Gene expression signatures affected by alcohol-induced DNA methylomic deregulation in human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cell Res. 2014 May;12(3):791-806. doi: 10.1016/j.scr.2014.03.009. Epub 2014 Apr 12.
Kim JJ, Khalid O, Namazi A, Tu TG, Elie O, Lee C, Kim Y. Discovery of consensus gene signature and intermodular connectivity defining self-renewal of human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2014 Jun;32(6):1468-79. doi: 10.1002/stem.1675.
Lau C, Kim Y, Chia D, Spielmann N, Eibl G, Elashoff D, Wei F, Lin YL, Moro A, Grogan T, Chiang S, Feinstein E, Schafer C, Farrell J, Wong DT. Role of pancreatic cancer-derived exosomes in salivary biomarker development. J Biol Chem. 2013 Sep 13;288(37):26888-97. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M113.452458. Epub 2013 Jul 23.
Kim JJ, Khalid O, Vo S, Sun HH, Wong DT, Kim Y. A novel regulatory factor recruits the nucleosome remodeling complex to wingless integrated (Wnt) signaling gene promoters in mouse embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2012 Nov 30;287(49):41103-17. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M112.416545. Epub 2012 Oct 16.