Find your care
Why choose UCLA for your bladder cancer care?
Comprehensive Care: Bladder cancer patients who choose UCLA for their care have the benefit of our long-held team approach to the treatment and management of bladder cancer that includes world-class urologic oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, nurses and our clinical trial's team working together to personalize patient care. UCLA also has community medical oncology practices so you have easier access to comprehensive cancer care services right in your own neighborhood.
Innovation in Treatment: UCLA offers a variety of innovative treatment options to patients who have been diagnosed with bladder cancer, some of which are not widely available. UCLA has been a pioneer in the innovative, multidisciplinary, translational approach to care, including:
- Minimally invasive and robotic procedures such as the robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion for patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer and other high-risk bladder cancers.
- Advanced reconstructive techniques, including reconstruction of the urinary tract where a portion of the intestines is used to create a new bladder or neo-bladder.
- Bladder preservation therapy combining transurethral surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy (trimodal therapy) is available for select patients.
- Immunotherapy and neoadjuvant treatment, including BCG (Bacillus Calmette-Guérin)
- New therapies and approaches for upper tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC)
- Diagnostic tools using biomarker testing and personalized medicine
Research and Clinical Trials: At UCLA we are conducting pioneering basic research, cutting-edge translational research and offering innovative clinical trials, including studies for BCG-unresponsive bladder cancer.