Get a Second Opinion for Bladder Cancer.
The UCLA Urology Telemedicine Expert Second Opinion Program offers California residents access to our faculty, who are national leaders in all aspects of Urology. At UCLA we have doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, management and treatment of bladder cancer.
If you have received a diagnosis of bladder cancer, getting an expert second opinion can be helpful because:
- Bladder cancer is a complex disease and there are a variety of treatment options. Here at UCLA, the course of treatment is individualized to each patient’s cancer grade and stage as well as current state of health.
- The management of bladder cancer requires a multidisciplinary approach. At the UCLA Institute of Urologic Oncology we have an integrated team from disciplines including urologic oncology, medical oncology, diagnostic and interventional radiology, pathology, nursing, basic sciences and clinical trials working together to personalize patient care.
- Not all patients respond to standard treatments. For example, some patients don’t respond to or can’t take Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) therapy. At UCLA we have innovative clinical trials for BCG-unresponsive bladder cancer.
- In addition to kidney-sparing management of upper tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC), we have a specialized multidisciplinary team of physicians and scientists working on new therapies and approaches for UTUC.
- UCLA’s expert surgeons offer robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion for patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer and other high-risk bladder cancers.
- You want access to urologic specialists at an academic medical center without having to travel.
For more information about how an expert second opinion at UCLA works and how to make an appointment
Note: This service is NOT intended for medical emergencies. If you have a medical emergency, please immediately call your local emergency service phone number, or go to your nearest hospital, emergency room, or urgent care clinic.