Find your care
We deliver customized urology care based on your unique needs. To learn more or connect with a urology specialist, call 310-794-7700.
Second Opinions at UCLA Urology
The UCLA Urology Telemedicine Expert Second Opinion Program offers California residents access to our faculty, who are national leaders in all aspects of Urology. This service can be especially helpful if:
- You want an expert second opinion regarding a difficult diagnosis.
- You want an expert evaluation of a complex treatment plan.
- You want to review your surgical and non-surgical options.
- You want to explore state-of-the-art treatment options.
- You want to discuss the availability of clinical trials for your condition.
- You want access to urologic specialists at an academic medical center without having to travel.
Should you get a second opinion?
The benefits of a second opinion at UCLA Urology include:
- We have doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, management and treatment of a broad spectrum of urologic conditions in men, women and children. Learn more about our areas of clinical expertise:
- As an academic institution, our physician-scientists lead groundbreaking urologic research, and can keep you informed about the latest treatment approaches and clinical trials.
- To best address your needs, we collaborate with highly qualified specialists in a variety of medical disciplines across UCLA Health.
- Our telemedicine second opinion visits (done securely online) are available nationwide without the stress of traveling.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's):
How does an expert second opinion work?
Upon review of your medical information and personal consultation, our doctors will provide a written recommendation. Our second opinion service is simple, confidential and done from the comfort of your home.
Does insurance cover second opinions?
Yes, many insurance companies will cover this service. If not, we will provide you with a cash quote before the implementation of service.
How long will it take for me to receive my written consult?
We will deliver your written second opinion within one week of being seen. However, the timeline may vary depending on the complexity of your case and the need for any additional studies or consultations with other UCLA specialists.
If I decide to come to UCLA for my care, will I be able to see the same physician who did my second opinion consult?
Yes, we will make it a priority for you to receive care by the physician who provided you with your second opinion consult.
If I prefer to make an in-person appointment, who do I contact?
For an in-person appointment in one of our urology clinics, please call 310-794-7700.
Note: This service is NOT intended for medical emergencies. If you have a medical emergency, please immediately call your local emergency service phone number, or go to your nearest hospital, emergency room, or urgent care clinic. Also, telehealth second opinion consults are only available for California residents. However, we do welcome patients from other states to schedule an in-person clinic visit.