About the UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation
The UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation was founded in 1945 by a group of volunteers dedicated to cancer research at UCLA. Their idea, using funds raised from private sources to invest in the work of promising young cancer researchers, resulted in the Seed Grant Program, which has helped the UCLA Health Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center break new ground in the quest to defeat cancer.
Although seed grants remain an important part of our mission, the Foundation today also supports patient care and advances numerous high-priority and multi-disciplinary cancer research efforts focused on rapidly translating discoveries made in the laboratory into improved screening, treatment and prevention.
We spend 90 percent of total donations directly on cancer research and cancer-related programs. The remaining 10 percent goes toward administrative and fundraising expenses. Donors can feel confident their gifts benefit the research that has consistently made the UCLA Health Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center a leader in its field.
Board of Directors
Meet the talented members of our Board of Directors, who are entrusted with and accountable for the strategic leadership and governance of the UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation.
Stay in Touch
Receive email updates on research, discoveries and activities that support life-saving discoveries at the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center.