Find your care
Put your trust in our internationally recognized brain tumor experts. For more information, connect with a cancer care specialist at 310-825-5111.
How to prepare for your first clinic visit
The following will be required:
- Health insurance identification cards
- If you belong to an HMO, please bring the authorization form if available, or the confirmation number.
- Please arrive at least 30 to 60 minutes before your scheduled appointment to fill out the following forms (if they have not previously been completed): medical history, physical examination, health questionnaire, patient assessment, and a referring physician form.
- It is very important that any medical records that are not at UCLA (e.g., imaging films/CDs from MRIs and/or PET-CTs, operative reports and pathology slides/reports) be available for your physician consult. Please have these with you at your consultation, or have them mailed/faxed to the office ahead of time.
- Bring a list of all your medications and list any allergies to medications that you may have.
- If you have a pacemaker or a ventriculoperitoneal shunt, please bring their identification cards.
- If you speak a foreign language and need a translator, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance so that we can request an interpreter.
- Prepare a list of questions that you wish to ask the doctor.
What do I need to bring to my first neuro-oncology clinic visit?
Please bring your past medical history worksheets, medical records about your condition, CDs with any DICOM-compliant scans from MRI, CT or PET, as well as any pathology reports or slides. If you received your scans at UCLA, we will be able to pull them up within your electronic medical record.
What do I need to bring to my first radiation oncology clinic visit?
A complete set of medical information will facilitate your care and save you considerable amounts of time. Please complete the following forms and fax them back to UCLA Radiation Oncology in Westwood at (310) 794-9795 no later than 24 hours prior to your visit.
- Health Questionnaire
- Referring Physician Form
- Family Contact Form
- Medication Summary List
Forms located at: http://radonc.ucla.edu/first-visit