Find your care
UCLA Health’s Breast care specialists develop a personalized plan to help you recover. For more information, reach a cancer care specialist at 888-662-8252.
The UCLA High Risk Breast Clinic in Santa Monica offers patients who are at high risk for breast cancer a tailored prevention, screening and risk-reduction care strategy. Eligible patients meet with a medical oncologist and oncology nurse practitioner for personalized high-risk counseling. Depending on their personal history and associated risk level, patients may also receive information on complementary therapies for primary and secondary prevention. If needed, patients will also have access to our onsite genetic counselor.
Patients with the following risk factors may be referred to our clinic:
- Have a first-degree relative (e.g., mother, sister, daughter) under the age of 50 with a diagnosis of breast cancer
- Have multiple family members with breast and ovarian cancer
- Have a male family member with breast cancer
- Are of Ashkenazi Jewish descent with a family history of breast cancer
- Have had a breast biopsy with pathology showing atypical cells, or lobular carcinoma in situ
- Have a known genetic mutation predisposing them to breast cancer development
- Have a history of mantle (chest) radiation for lymphoma
A multidisciplinary approach
Our multidisciplinary team provides women concerned about breast cancer with an in-depth evaluation about breast cancer, including:
- A hereditary cancer-risk assessment
- A clinical breast exam
- Genetic testing, counseling and education about personal risk of developing breast cancer and potential implications for family members (as indicated)
- Counseling in personalized lifestyle modification and development of an anticancer nutrition plan
- Personalized surveillance and screening plans, as well as prevention programs
By the end of the visit, each patient gains a thorough understanding of what it means to be high risk through personalized discussions of the genetic and lifestyle variables that affect breast cancer risk and the emotional impact of a high-risk designation.
Make an appointment
For questions or to make an appointment, please call: 310-998-4747.
Please download and complete our patient questionnaire before your appointment.
UCLA High Risk Breast Clinic
2336 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 304
Santa Monica, CA 90404