The Flow Cytometry Shared Resource (FCSR) provices instrumentation, and technical and professional assistance for performing laser-based flow cytometry. We also perform consultation and educational support for all research professionals.
- Mass cytometry High parameter (30+ markers) panel design, staining, acquisition, and data quality control. 400+ custom lanthanide metal conjugated antibodies available at discounted prices
- Flow cytometry Study aspects of cell biology using functional dyes, antibody-coupled flurochromes, and fluorescent protein expression (GFP, RFP, etc.) on any one of four flow cytometry analyzers (LSRII, X-20 Fortessa, Attune NxT, LSRII) available to our users
- Imaging flow cytometry An EMD Millipore ImageStream instrument is available for our users as well as expert operational and experimental assistance
- Cell sorting Isolate desired cell populations with high speed cell sorting for tissue culture and molecular biology applications on one of 3 BD Aria instruments
- Bacterial cell sorting Independent use of a Sony SH800 sorter housed within a biosafety cabinet and designated for bacterial sorting with fully interchangeable sorting chip and sample probe will be available Fall 2019.
- Professional and technical assistance on experiment conception and design
- Free consultation with FCSR leadership, as well as continuous availability of expert advice on flow cytometry during data collection and analysis, through FCSR staff
- Education through formal courses in basic flow cytometry principles and user operation of flow cytometry analyzers. Classes on nucleic acid flow cytometry and measurement of cell proliferation are also available
Faculty investigators, research fellows or others who wish to start using the Flow Cytometry Shared Resource are strongly encouraged to contact the FCSR Co-Director for discussion of their experiments, help with study design and assistance with the procedures and reagents they will need to order. Pilot studies are performed, if necessary. The lab Co-Director remains actively involved in the more complex projects and oversees the technical quality of all work produced by the laboratory. Scheduling is performed through the iLab Management system which can be accessed on the FCSR website. With the exception of consultations, developmental work and pilot experiments, the principal investigators are recharged for all time and/or work performed. Details are also available on the FCSR website.
There is a tiered fee structure. Costs for JCCC members are listed below; for non-members, please visit the FCSR website for details.
JCCC Rate (Hourly)
|Flow Cytometry cell acquisition and analysis by FCSR staff||$99/hr|
|Mass Cytometry cell acquisition||$99/hr|
|Independent acquisition and analysis – Flow Cytometry||$75/hr|
|RoboSep Magnetic Cell Separation||$60/hr|
|RBasic flow cytometry class (one day)||$320 per class|
|DNA class (half-day)||$160|