Find your care
What do I bring to the hospital?
- To avoid lost or misplaced personal items, we recommend that you bring only essential items to the hospital, such as glasses, dentures and hearing aids (with batteries). Leave your valuables, such as jewelry (including rings and watches), cash and credit cards at home or with your family.
- If you use a walker or wheelchair, one will be provided to you during your stay.
- Contact your surgeon’s office to find out if you need to bring your personal medical records, such as test results, computer discs or imaging studies (e.g., CT, MRI or X-ray results) on the day of your surgery.
- If you have sleep apnea and use CPAP equipment, please bring your CPAP device with you on the day of surgery.
- If you have a separate insurance card for prescriptions (this is only for some types of insurance), please bring this card when you check in at the Admissions Office. After you check in, you can leave the prescription card with your family or coach.