Find your care
At UCLA Health, you’ll have a dedicated lung cancer team by your side every step of the way. Call 310-267-9099 to connect with an expert.
Our lung cancer team includes experts who specialize in every aspect of lung cancer care. Each expert brings in-depth knowledge and years of experience to your lung cancer care.
This multidisciplinary team meets regularly to discuss patient cases and improve care and outcomes. Your care team constantly connects to make sure everyone weighs in on your personalized treatment plan. They pool their expertise to provide you with the compassionate care you need, all in one place.
Who treats lung cancer at UCLA Health?
At UCLA Health, your lung cancer team includes physicians and nurses who specialize in lung cancer. You’ll also work with other experts who treat related conditions.
Your lung cancer team may include:
Lung cancer physicians
- Medical oncologists: Prescribe medicine to treat cancer, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy
- Pulmonary pathologists: Study the body’s tissue and subspecialize in lung cancer diagnosis
- Pulmonologists: Treat diseases of the respiratory system, including the lungs
- Radiation oncologists: Plan and carry out radiation therapy treatments
- Thoracic radiologists: Interpret medical images to diagnose and treat lung diseases
- Thoracic surgeons: Perform surgical treatments for lung cancer
- Infusion nurses: Specialize in the delivery of cancer medicine given through a vein (IV)
- Nurse navigators: Assess your needs, coordinate appointments and provide supportive resources during your care
- Nurse practitioners: Evaluate your needs and condition as an advanced practice registered nurse
Other health care providers
- Anesthesiologists: Deliver medication and monitor patients to control pain during surgery
- Interventional pulmonologists: Perform minimally invasive procedures for diagnosis and treatment of disease affecting the chest and lungs
- Interventional radiologists: Complete image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat lung cancer
- Support service providers: Offer assistance to patients suffering from treatment side effects, emotional distress and financial issues
Find a lung cancer provider
The UCLA Lung Cancer Program team consists of a multidisciplinary group of experts.
We help patients meet the challenges of lung cancer with a variety of skilled approaches. Our knowledgeable team from various medical backgrounds will develop a treatment plan customized for each patient.
Read more about Thoracic Surgery
Read about our lung cancer services