Dr. Tao He is an interventional pulmonologist specialized in performing the following minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures:
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
- Autofluorescence and Narrow-Band Imaging
- Thermal techniques including Laser, Argon Plasma Coagulation (APC) and Electrocautery
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Electromagnetic Navigational Bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial Brachytherapy
- Airway Dilation
- Airway Stents
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- Endobronchial Valve Placement for bronchopleural fistulas and for lung volume reduction in selected patients with severe COPD
- Ultrasound Guided Thoracentesis
- Tunneled Pleural Catheters
- Medical Thoracoscopy/Pleural biopsy/Pleurodesis
Dr. He also sees patients with general pulmonary issues such as shortness of breath (either at rest or on exertion), wheezing, cough, chest tightness, etc.
Medical Board Certifications
Selective peer review articles:
- He T, Mehta A. Linear endobronchial ultrasound: what’s new? Semin Respir Crit Care Med 2018 Dec;39(6):649-660.
- He T, Oh S. Diagnostic approach to pleural effusions. AME Med J 2018;3:116-124.
- He T, Nitabach MN, Lnenicka GA. Parvalbumin expression affects synaptic development and physiology at the Drosophila larval NMJ. J Neurogenetics 2018;32(3):209-20.
- He T, Quintero L, Koenig S. An 82-year-old man with refractory hypoxia and shock post cardiac arrest. Chest. 2018 Jan;153(1):e1-3.
- He T, Oks M, Esposito MJ, Steinberg H, Makaryus M. “Tree-in-Bloom”: severe acute lung injury induced by vaping cannabis oil. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2017 Mar;14(3):468-70.
- Oks M, He T, Palkar A, Esposito MJ, Koenig SJ. Benign multicystic mesothelioma causing bilateral pneumothoraces. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2015 Jul;12(7): 1106-9.