I am a Professor of cardiothoracic surgery and surgical oncology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Founding Chief of the Division of Thoracic Surgery, Chief of the Division of Thoracic Surgery at the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center and as a thoracic (chest) surgeon and surgical oncologist (cancer surgeon), I specialize in surgery of the lungs, pleura, esophagus, chest wall, mediastinum, and diaphragm. Specific areas of expertise include mesothelioma, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, thymus tumors, pectus deformities (excavatum or carinatum), hyperhidrosis, thoracic outlet syndrome, and lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS). I offer a broad range of services in the field of surgical chest diseases from cancer screening to radical surgery and the most advanced clinical treatment trials. I use the entire range of latest surgical techniques, including lasers, bronchial (airway) and esophageal stents, video- and computer-assisted (robotic) surgery.
Medical Board Certifications
- Li GC, Cameron RB, Sapareto S, and Hahn GM. Reinterpretation of the Arrhenius analysis of cell inactivation by heat. Third International Symposium: Cancer Therapy by Hyperthermia, Drugs, and Radiation. NCI Monograph 61:111-113, 1982.
- Moore TC and Cameron RB. Spontaneous perforation of the extrahepatic biliary tract in infancy and childhood. Pediatr Surg Int 1:206-209, 1986.
- Cameron RB, McIntosh JK, and Rosenberg SA. Synergistic antitumor effects of combination immunotherapy with recombinant interleukin-2 and a recombinant hybrid alpha-interferon in the treatment of established murine hepatic metastases. Cancer Res 48(20):5810-5817, 1988.
- Eisenthal A, Cameron RB, Uppenkamp I, and Rosenberg SA. Effect of combined therapy with lymphokine-activated killer cells, interleukin-2, and specific monoclonal antibody on established B16 melanoma lung metastases. Cancer Res 48(24):7140-7145, 1988.
- Cameron RB, Spiess PJ, and Rosenberg SA. Synergistic antitumor activity of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes, interleukin-2, and local tumor irradiation. Studies on the mechanism of action. J Exp Med 171(1):249-263, 1990.
- Eisenthal A, Cameron RB, and Rosenberg SA. Induction of antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity in vivo with specific anti-B16 monoclonal antibody. J Immunol 144(11):4463-4471, 1990.
- Bock SN, Cameron RB, Kragel P, Mule JJ, and Rosenberg SA. Biologic and antitumor effects of recombinant human macrophage colony stimulating factor in mice. Cancer Res 51(10):2649-2654, 1991.
- Barsky SH, Cameron RB, Osann KE, Tomita DK, and Holmes AC. Rising incidence of bronchioloalveolar lung carcinoma and its unique clinicopathological features. Cancer 73(4):1163-1170, 1994.
- Cameron RB, Fringer J, Taylor C, Gilden R, and Figlin RA. Practice guidelines for non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer J Sci Am 2(3A suppl):61-68, 1996.
- Cameron RB, Smith NG, Taylor C, Gilden R, and Figlin RA. Practice guidelines for small cell lung cancer. Cancer J Sci Am 2(3A suppl):69-75, 1996.
Link to Dr. Cameron's Google Scholar >
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- America's Top Doctors, 2007-2020
- Southern California Super Doctors, 2016
- Super Doctors, 2011-2012