The main research interests of our laboratory are focused on two areas of investigation:
1. Araujo JA, Meng L, Tward A, Hancock WW, Zhai Y, Lee A, Iyer S, Buelow R, Busuttil RW, Shih DM, Lusis AJ, Kupiec-Weglinski JW. Systemic rather than local heme oxygenase-1 overexpression improves cardiac allograft outcomes in a new transgenic mouse. J Immunol 2003: 171: 1572-80.
2. Tsuchihashi SI, Livhits M, Zhai Y, Bussutil RW, Araujo JA, Kupiec-Weglinski JW. Basal rather than induced HO-1 levels are crucial in the antioxidant cytoprotection. J Immunol 2006, 177: 4749-57.
3. Orozco LD, Kapturczak MH, Barajas B, Wang X, Weinstein MM, Wong J, Deshane J, Bolisetty S, Shaposhnik Z, Shih D, Agarwal A, Lusis AJ, Araujo JA. Heme oxygenase-1 expression in macrophages plays a beneficial role against atherosclerosis. Circ Research 2007; 100: 1703-1711.
4. Gong KW, Zhao W, Li N, Barajas B, Kleinman M, Sioutas C, Horvath S, Lusis AJ, Nel A, Araujo JA. Air pollutant chemicals and oxidized lipids exhibit genome wide synergistic effects on endothelial cells. Genome Biology 2007; 8: R149.
5. Araujo JA, Barajas B, Kleinman M, Wang X, Bennett B, Gong KW, Navab M, Harkema J, Sioutas C, Lusis AJ, Nel A. Ambient particulate pollutants in the ultrafine range promote early atherosclerosis and systemic oxidative stress. Circ Research 2008; 102 (online ahead of print).
See more publications on my PubMed page »