Find your care
Our goal is the help you make the most of your visit with us. We accept self-referrals and physician referrals. To schedule a visit, please call 310-582-6350. We will do our best to ensure your appointment is scheduled in a timely manner.
Please note, the UCLA Vasculitis Program only evaluates adult patients (those 18 years and older). For pediatric patients, please visit UCLA Pediatric Rheumatology.
What to expect?
Your initial visit will be with Dr. Tanaz Kermani, (Director, UCLA Vasculitis Program) in the Division of Rheumatology.
Dr. Kermani will take your medical history, conduct a physical examination and review your records. She will order any additional testing that may be needed to further evaluate your condition. She also will make referrals, depending on your needs, to other specialists in our UCLA Vasculitis Program. These referrals likely will require additional visits to UCLA to meet the other specialists.
Dr. Kermani’s office is in Santa Monica but some of our other specialists are located in Westwood. (See Contact Us for information.)
How to make the most of your visit?
Since many of our patients travel long distances, we want to do everything possible to help you make the most of your visit with us.
To prepare for your visit, please:
- Bring or fax all records about your diagnosis and care, including test results, to our office (310-582-6352) in advance of your visit.
- Prepare a list of all medications you are taking.
- Arrive 30 minutes early to fill out questionnaire and allow enough time for check-in and evaluation by our medical assistant, which includes going over medications, allergies and taking vital signs.
- Make a timeline of your symptoms and treatment. This is not required, but will be helpful for further evaluation of your condition.
- Make a list of questions and concerns that you would like addressed.
UCLA works with many payors including indemnity plans, Medicare fee-for-service, PPO and various HMO products. A list of major plans accepted by UCLA Health is available at www.uclahealth.org/healthplans.