Office of Research Administration
The Department of Medicine's Office of Research Administration (ORA) assists in training, educating, and supporting all research administration. The Office of Research Administration is fully supported by Dr. Alan Fogelman, the Chair of the Department of Medicine, and Farah Elahi, the Chief Administrative Officer of the Department of Medicine.
Office of Research Administration's Mission:
The ORA's mission is to provide Departmental specific research administrative support to fund managers, managers, research staff, and Principals Investigators by doing the following:
- Sharing "best practice" procedures and more efficient ways to approach various research administration tasks.
- Providing guidance on "how to's" in the form in detailed step-by-step instructions, complete with background information and hints and tips, in the DOM Fund Manager's Manual.
- Answering questions and troubleshooting various issues.
- Disseminating information regarding new or updated Agency Sponsor and University policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Educating by providing training, both on an individual basis and in group settings.
- Cathy Rujanuruks - Manager of Research Administration
- Raellen Man - Departmental Research Associate
- Tsegaye Teshome - Senior Project Analyst
- Adam Hernandez - Obstetrics and Gynecology Fund Manager
- Alan Wagner - Lab Regulatory Coordinator
- Kayla Brown - Fund Manager
- Peter Vittachi - Fund Manager
- Carrie Huff - Fund Manager
If you would like to learn more about the Department of Medicine's Office of Research Administration, please visit their website at www.medschool.ucla.edu/ora.