Dr. Adam Saby was raised between the sandy shores of Huntington Beach, California, and the crystalline waves of Alexandria, Egypt. Dr. Saby attended UCLA for undergrad and medical school. He specializes in PM&R (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation), a field specializing in the treatment of neuro-musculoskeletal conditions.
Dr. Saby is currently the Medical Director of UCLA Occupational Health. His goal is to elevate the standard of compassionate and coordinated care for UCLA Staff & Faculty. After hours, Dr. Saby teaches at the David Geffen School of Medicine and UCLA Mobile Clinic. In his free time, he enjoys reading fiction, exploring new cultures, and swimming.
Medical Board Certification
The psychobiology of healing.
- Saby A, Swaminathan K, Pangarkar S, Tribuzio B. Alleviating Thoracotomy Pain With Intercostal Liposomal Bupivacaine: A Case Report. PM&R. 2016 Nov; 8(11):1119-1122. doi: 10.1016/j.pmrj.2016.06.003. Epub 2016 Jun 9.
- Saby A, Miller LS. Functional Assessment in End-Stage Renal Disease: Enhancing Quality of Life. Seminars in Dialysis. 2016 Mar-Apr; 29(2):170-2. doi: 10.1111/sdi.12466.
- Saby A, Aragaki D, Zappaterra M, et al. Occupational Medicine and Vocational Rehabilitation. In: Cifu D, ed. Braddom's Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier; 2021:89-99.
- Saby A, Neidecker J. How Much Does a U.S. Ringside Physician Make? Journal of Combat Sports Medicine. 2020 July; 2(2): 26-31.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- UCLA Health Rehabilitation Services, Best Rehabilitation Collaboration Award, 2018