Academic Staff Appointments
- Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
Dr. West is a fellowship trained pediatric Head and Neck Surgeon. She is the director of the new Pediatric Airway Center at UCLA, which is one of the only multi-disciplinary centers in the country focusing on speech, swallowing, and breathing disorders. Her clinical interests are pediatric airway reconstruction, swallowing disorders, speech dysfunction, sinus disease, head and neck tumors, and hearing loss. She is a faculty member of the craniofacial team at UCLA, and travels abroad semiannually with charitable foundations to operate on children without health care. Dr. West completed her fellowship at the University of North Carolina, one of the leaders in hearing loss research and cochlear implantation. She brings that experience and expertise with her to UCLA where her core research is investigating auditory neuropathy and congenital deafness. In addition to the list of clinical interests above, Dr. West is currently offering minimally invasive sinuplasty for pediatric patients suffering from sinus disease.
Medical Board Certifications
- Tumeh PC, Harview CL, Yearly JH, Shintaku IP, West AN et al. PD-1 blockade induces responses by inhibiting adaptive immune resistance. Nature. 2014 Nov 27;515(7528):568-71. doi: 10.1038/nature13954.
- Farahnik B, Hendizadeh L, Zaghi S, Bhuta S, West AN (2016) A Hypervascularized Sebaceous Adenoma of the Parotid Gland in a 13 Year-old Female: A Case Report. J Cytol Histol 2016 7: 385.
- Shah S., West AN. Superior Ankyloglossia Syndrome: Case Report and Update Literature Review. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2016 Jul;86:1-3. doi: 10.1016/j.ijporl.2016.04.002.
- Kita A., Burke, Z., Palma Diaz, MF., West AN. Sebaceous Variant Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma in a Pediatric Patient: Diagnosis and Management. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2016 Dec 14; 4-8
- Pettijohn K., Shay S., West AN. Necrotizing pulmonary infection from retained foreign body: Case report and review of the literature. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. , 2017 Sept 17; 14-18
- West AN, Mukdad, L., Vahabzadeh-Hagh, A. Videolaryngoscopy for Intubation Training. Neoreviews. May 2018, 19(5) e291-e296; DOI: 10.1542/neo.19-5-e291
- Chew L, Su-Velez B, Miller J, West AN. 30-Day readmission rates, diagnoses, and risk factors following pediatric airway surgery. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol Sept 2020 136. PMID: 32554136
- West, AN, Kuan E, Peng K. Identification of perinatal risk factors for auditory neuropathy spectrum disorder. The Laryngoscope Jul 1 2020. DOI: 10.1002/lary.2890. PMID: 32609896
- Su-Velez B, Hsu D, West AN, Suh J. Single Layer Biomaterial Repair of Frontal Sinus Encephalocele in a Pediatric Patient. The Laryngoscope Oct 27 2020. DOI: 10.1002/lary.29198. PMID: 33107603
- Singer A, Goel A, Su-Velez B, West AN. Risk factors, causes, and rates associated with hospital readmission after pediatric neck mass surgery. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol Jan 2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijporl.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- With Distinction Award for Clinical Science Triological Society
- First Prize poster session at the Society for ENT Advances in Children
- ROAD scholarship Research Grant, Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Selma Silagi Award for Scientific Excellence and Researcher of the Year