Dr. Andrew C. Vivas is a Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery.
His clinical focus is in the fields of adult and pediatric complex spinal deformity and epilepsy. His research focus is in the area of growth modulation and biomechanics. He also has a special interest and expertise in the organization and execution of international health care and service oriented medical outreach. Dr. Vivas has completed both neurosurgical and orthopedic fellowships in both pediatric and adult spine surgery and deformity, giving him a unique and multidisciplinary perspective in the treatment of spinal conditions.
Professional Society Memberships:
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Southern Neurosurgical Society (SNS)
- Florida Neurosurgical Society (FNS)
- Society of Lateral Access Surgeons (SOLAS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- AO Spine North America (AOSNA)
- Scoliosis Research Society (SNS)
- University of South Florida Department of Neurosurgery Teaching Award
- David C. Leach award from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- 2016 Young Investigator Award, Society of Lateral Access Surgeons (SOLAS)