Dr. Ashley Prosper is a radiologist specializing in thoracic and diagnostic cardiovascular imaging at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. She received her B.A. degree in Biological Sciences while minoring in business administration at the University of Southern California. She also obtained her medical degree from USC at the Keck School of Medicine.
Dr. Prosper completed an enfolded nuclear medical fellowship during her diagnostic radiology residency at USC in 2016. A year later, she completed a cardiothoracic imaging and intervention fellowship.
Dr. Prosper is a diplomate of both the American Board of Nuclear Medicine and the American Board of Radiology. Her research interests include early detection of lung cancer, imaging biomarkers of cardiac involvement of Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy, and advanced imaging in pediatric congenital heart disease. Dr. Prosper was the recipient of the UCLA Radiology Young Faculty Teaching Award two years in a row (2017-18 & 2018-19).
Dr. Prosper is an elected member of the American College of Radiology, College Nominating Committee and a member of the Radiology Academy Council of Early Career Investigators in imaging.
Medical Board Certifications
- Prosper AE, Inoue K, Brown K, Bui AAT, Aberle D, Hsu W. Association of Inclusion of More Black Individuals in Lung Cancer Screening With Reduced Mortality. JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Aug 2;4(8):e2119629. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.19629. PMID: 34427681.
- Ghodrati V, Bydder M, Bedayat A, Prosper A, Yoshida T, Nguyen KL, Finn JP, Hu P. Temporally aware volumetric generative adversarial network-based MR image reconstruction with simultaneous respiratory motion compensation: Initial feasibility in 3D dynamic cine cardiac MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2021 Jul 13. doi: 10.1002/mrm.28912. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34254363.
- Ali F, Bydder M, Han H, Wang D, Ghodrati V, Gao C, Prosper A, Nguyen KL, Finn JP, Hu P. Slice encoding for the reduction of outflow signal artifacts in cine balanced SSFP imaging. Magn Reson Med. 2021 Oct;86(4):2034-2048. doi: 10.1002/mrm.28858. Epub 2021 May 31. PMID: 34056755.
- Dual SA, Maforo NG, McElhinney DB, Prosper A, Wu HH, Maskatia S, Renella P, Halnon N, Ennis DB. Right Ventricular Function and T1-Mapping in Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2021 May 26. doi: 10.1002/jmri.27729. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34037289.
- Moore JP, Gallotti R, Su J, Nguyen HL, Bedayat A, Prosper A, Buch E. Pulmonary vein and left atrial posterior wall isolation for the treatment of atrial fibrillation: Comparable outcomes for adults with congenital heart disease. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2021 Jul;32(7):1868-1876. doi: 10.1111/jce.15027. Epub 2021 Apr 14. PMID: 33821546.
- Prosper A, Brown K, Schussel B, Aberle D. Lung Cancer Screening in African Americans: The Time to Act Is Now. Radiol Imaging Cancer. 2020 Aug 21;2(5):e200107. doi: 10.1148/rycan.2020200107. PMID: 33778737; PMCID: PMC7983712.