Dr. Chung was born and raised in Los Angeles, before going away for his undergraduate studies. Upon completion of medical school and residency, he returned to Los Angeles for his fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at UCLA. Dr. Chung sees patients with a wide variety of pulmonary conditions, including but not limited to interstial lung disease, sarcoidosis, asthma, emphysema, pulmonary nodules, and pneumonia. He has been a member of the multidisciplinary UCLA Interstitial Lung Disease Clinic since 2014, and he sees patients in the Burbank and Westwood locations.
Medical Board Certifications
- Augustine Chung 1, May Lin Wilgus 1, Gregory Fishbein 2, Joseph P Lynch 3rd 1, Pulmonary and Bronchiolar Involvement in Sjogren's Syndrome, Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2019 Apr;40(2):235-254. doi: 10.1055/s-0039-1688448. Epub 2019 May 28.
- Volkmann ER, Chung A, Saggar R, Belperio JA, Lynch JP 3rd. Pulmonary Hypertension Complicating Connective Tissue Disease. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2017 Oct;38(5):619-635. doi: 10.1055/s-0037-1606203. Epub 2017 Oct 15.
- Ma KC, Chung A, Aronson KI, Krishnan JK, Barjaktarevic IZ, Berlin DA, Schenck EJ. Bronchoscopic intubation is an effective airway strategy in critically ill patients. J Crit Care. 2017 Apr;38:92-96. doi: 10.1016/j.jcrc.2016.10.022. Epub 2016 Nov 4.
- Chung A, Fishman M, Dasenbrook EC, Loparo KA, Dick TE, Jacono FJ. Isoflurane and ketamine anesthesia have different effects on ventilatory pattern variability in rats. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2013 Feb 1;185(3):659-64. doi: 10.1016/j.resp.2012.12.001. Epub 2012 Dec 14.
- Harvey BG, Strulovici-Barel Y, Vincent TL, Mezey JG, Raviram R, Gordon C, Salit J, Tilley AE, Chung A, Sanders A, Crystal RG. High correlation of the response of upper and lower lobe small airway epithelium to smoking. PLoS One. 2013 Sep 9;8(9):e72669.
- Chung A, Goel A. Images in clinical medicine. De Garengeot's hernia. N Engl J Med. 2009 Sep 10;361(11):e18
- Pulmonary Vasculitis (Necrotizing granulomatous vasculitis, Churg-Strauss syndrome, Microscopic polyangiitis) Augustine Chung Joseph P. Lynch
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis Augustine Chung Sam Weigt