Dr. Caleb Hsieh (pronounced Shay) is a pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine physician who practices in Torrance. He sees patients with a wide range of conditions, from asthma and COPD to sleep apnea and insomnia. He works to explain and translate evidence-based medicine to patients in a way that empowers them to make informed decisions. He is quadruple board-certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine, and critical care, and sleep medicine.
Dr. Hsieh obtained his medical degree at Northwestern University. He then completed internal medicine residency at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center, followed by his pulmonary medicine and critical care fellowship and sleep medicine fellowship at UCLA. He is an assistant clinical professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, who has published several research articles on pulmonary and sleep medicine topics.
Dr. Hsieh was born and raised in Boston. He is an occasional scuba diver and cyclist, who has recently spent most of his free time occupied by his inquisitive and exuberant toddler.
Medical Board Certifications
Areas of Focus
- Hsieh, Caleb, Talayeh Rezayat, Michelle Zeidler. Telemedicine and the Management of Insomnia.
Sleep Med Clin. 2020, Aug; 15(3): 383-390.
- Hsu, Nancy, Caleb Hsieh, Aaron Thomas, Melisa Chang. Obstructive sleep apnea due to
oromandibular dystonia and treated with botulinum toxin. J Clin Sleep Med. 2020, Apr; 16(7): 1209-
- Hsieh, Caleb and Jennifer Martin. Insomnia, Short Sleep and Cardiovascular Disease. Current Sleep
Medicine Reports. 2019, Dec; 5(4):234-242.
- Nguyen, Peter, Adam Knapp-Wachsner, Caleb Hsieh, Nader Kamangar. Pulmonary Kaposi Sarcoma
without Mucocutaneous Involvement: The Role of Sequential Thallium and Gallium Scintigraphy.
Journal of Clinical Imaging Science. 2019, Apr; 9(12):1-5.
- Hsieh, Caleb, Thomas Le, Keren Fogelfeld, Nader Kamangar. Bronchial Artery Aneurysm with
Associated Bronchial Artery to Pulmonary Artery Fistula: Treatment by Embolization. Journal of
Clinical Imaging Science. 2017, Jan; 7(2): 1-3.
- Shah RN, Shah NA, Lim M, Hsieh C, Nuber G, Stupp SI. Supramolecular design of self-assembling
nanofibers for cartilage regeneration. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2010, Feb;
107(8): 3293–3298. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 20133666.