Dr. Fleisher graduated from Harvard Medical School. He completed residency and fellowship training at the UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience/Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital. After the fellowship, Dr. Fleisher spent two years at McLean Hospital before returning to UCLA.
Dr. Fleisher provides thorough clinical evaluations and consultations for children, adolescents and young adults (2-21 years old). He is honored to serve patients and families from all backgrounds, ethnicities, nationalities, expressions of gender and sexual identity, religions. He treats a wide range of illnesses, including anxiety/OCD, depression, ADD/ADHD, self-harm and personality disorders, trauma including racial trauma, insomnia, ODD/DMDD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, and an autism spectrum disorder.
Dr. Fleisher's approach is grounded in developing a thorough understanding of the whole person at all levels: psychological, biological, social, behavioral, and systemic. He recognizes that symptoms are inseparable from systemic factors of ethnicity/race, income, family, school and neighborhood. He collaborates with parents and patients to create an evidence-based, conservative, holistic treatment plan, including clear and measurable goals. Outside of UCLA, Dr. Fleisher serves as the Head of Clinical for reflect, a start-up that matches patients to the right therapist based on fit. In addition, he is the Medical Director of the Boston Child Study Center, Los Angeles and maintains a private practice in Beverly Hills.
Medical Board Certifications
Areas of Focus
Dr. Fleisher has a particular interest in borderline personality disorder (BPD) in both adolescents and adults. He is certified by the Anna Freud Center in London as a supervisor for mentalizing-based therapy for adolescents with BPD. He is also certified as a trainer for Good Psychiatric Management for BPD. Dr. Fleisher teaches these approaches to staff and trainees at UCLA as well as nationally.
- Handbook of Good Psychiatric Management for Borderline Personality Disorder in Adolescents. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Adolescent Suicide and Self-Injury: Mentalizing Theory and Treatment. New York, NY: Springer.
- Borderline Personality Disorder: A Case-Based Approach. New York, NY: Springer.
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2020
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2019
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2018
- Fellow, American Psychiatric Association