Dr. David Sarraf is a full time faculty member at the Stein Eye Institute at UCLA and is a member of the Retinal Disorders and Ophthalmic Genetics Division at JSE UCLA.
He is a board certified ophthalmologist with subspecialty expertise in the area of retinal disease. His practice at UCLA centers on the diagnosis and treatment of a broad spectrum of retinal diseases including:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal vascular occlusion
- Retinitis pigmentosa and other genetic diseases of the retina and macula
- Retinal toxicity, including Plaquenil maculopathy
Dr. Sarraf is a professor at the Stein Eye Institute at UCLA and supervises various conferences for the residents, fellows and medical students at JSEI UCLA. Dr. Sarraf is also director and lecturer for several courses and conferences for the LA wide community.
Medical Board Certifications
Dr. Sarraf is a clinical researcher who has published over 60 research papers, case reports, reviews and book chapters.
His focus of research interest is the wet form of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) and his work has permitted a greater understanding and insight into the anatomical and visual outcomes of Avastin, Lucentis and Eylea therapy for ARMD.
Retinal diseases of research interest include Age-related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinitis Pigmentosa and other familial retinal diseases, and Toxic Retinopathy.
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Plaquenil Toxicity
- Genetic and Hereditary Retinal Disease
- Retinal Imaging
- Dr. Sarraf is a member of the Retina Society, the Macula Society and the American Society of Retinal Specialists and is Associate Editor of the Retinal Cases and Brief Reports journal and has been recognized by the American Academy of Ophthalmology with the Secretariat and Achievement Awards.
- LuEsther T Mertz Lectureship, New York NY (04/2018)
- Mark J Daily Keynote Lecture, Loyola University, Chicago IL (06/2018)
- AAO Secretariat Award
- AAO Honor Award
- AAO Senior Honor Award