Edward L. Ha, MD, MEd
Dr. Edward Ha is a hospitalist who cares for hospitalized patients at Ronald Reagan UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center UCLA Medical Center, and the West Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He also sees patients in preoperative consultation prior to surgery at 200 Medical Plaza. He is board-certified in internal medicine.
Dr. Ha received his medical degree from the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency in combined internal medicine-pediatrics at UCLA in 2009 and joined the Department of Medicine faculty as a hospitalist thereafter. He obtained a Master's Degree in Medical Education from Johns Hopkins University in 2020.
In addition to patient care, he is heavily involved in resident and medical student education, currently serving as one of the core residency faculty for the internal medicine residency program, and Assistant Dean for Clinical Education at the David Geffen School of Medicine. He is very interested in the development and assessment of core clinical skills - or Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) - in medical students.
Medical Board Certification
- 2013 Kaiser Permanente Excellence in Education Award
- 2013 Lucien B. Guze Golden Apple Teaching Award
- 2014 UCLA Internal Medicine Resident Full-time Faculty Teaching Award
- 2015 Lucien B. Guze Golden Apple Teaching Award
- 2016 Alpha Omega Alpha Faculty Inductee
- 2017 Lucien B. Guze Golden Apple Teaching Award