Medical Board Certifications
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2009
Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2008
UCLA School of Medicine, 2008
UCLA School of Medicine, 2007
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, 2003
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, 2001
UCSD School of Medicine, MD, 2000
- Atrial fibrillation
- Catheter ablation
- Feasibility Of Percutaneous Epicardial Mapping And Ablation For Refractory Atrial Fibrillation: Insights Into Substrate And Lesion Transmurality.
- Cryoballoon pulmonary vein isolation after extracardiac Fontan operation.
- Cryoballoon or contact force-guided radiofrequency catheter ablation for persistent atrial fibrillation: Different strategies with similar results.
- Atrioesophageal Fistula After Atrial Fibrillation Ablation: A single center series.
- Hybrid surgical vs percutaneous access epicardial ventricular tachycardia ablation.
- Incidence and significance of adhesions encountered during epicardial mapping and ablation of ventricular tachycardia in patients with no history of prior cardiac surgery or pericarditis.
- 'Runaway' vagal nerve stimulator: a case of cyclic asystole.
- Could less be more in catheter ablation for persistent atrial fibrillation? Pulmonary vein isolation reconsidered.
- The continuing search for patient-specific atrial fibrillation ablation targets: Need for rigorously verified and independently replicated data.
- Long-term clinical outcomes of focal impulse and rotor modulation for treatment of atrial fibrillation: A multicenter experience.
- Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation: Advent of Second-Generation Technologies.
- Lellouche N, Boyle N, DeDiego C, Cesario DA, Vaseghi M, Buch E, Mahajan A, Wiener I, Shivkumar K. Effect of response to cardiac resynchronization therapy on the persistence of atrial fibrillation. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2007;18:71-74.
- Lellouche N, De Diego C, Vaseghi M, Buch E, Cesario DA, Mahajan A, Wiener I, Fonarow GC, Boyle NG, Shivkumar K. Cardiac resynchronization therapy response is associated with shorter duration of atrial fibrillation. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2007;30:1363-1368.
- Buch E, Vaseghi M, Cesario DA, Shivkumar K. A novel method for preventing phrenic nerve injury during catheter ablation. Heart Rhythm. 2007;4:95-98.
- Buch E, Lellouche N, De Diego C, Vaseghi M, Cesario DA, Fujimura O, Wiener I, Child JS, Boyle NG, Shivkumar K. Left ventricular apical wall motion abnormality is associated with lack of response to cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy. Heart Rhythm 2007;4:1300-5.
- Lellouche N, Buch E, Celigoj A, Siegerman C, Cesario D, De Diego C, Mahajan A, Boyle NG, Wiener I, Garfinkel A, Shivkumar K. Functional characterization of atrial electrograms in sinus rhythm delineates sites of parasympathetic innervation in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007;50:1324-31.
- Buch E, Nakahara S, Shivkumar K. Intra-pericardial balloon retraction of the left atrium: a novel method to prevent esophageal injury during catheter ablation. Heart Rhythm. 2008; 5(10):1473-5.
- Cesario D, Kedia R, Desai N, Aboulhosn J, Uslan D, Boyle N, Fujimura O, Shehata M, Buch E, Shivkumar K. Device extraction in adults with congenital heart disease. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2009;32(3):340-5.
- Buch E, Nakahara S, Shivkumar K. A diagnostic maneuver during narrow-complex tachycardia: What is the arrhythmia mechanism? Heart Rhythm. 2009;6(5):716-717.
- Buch E, Tung R, Shehata M, Shivkumar K. Alternating cycle length during narrow-complex tachycardia: What is the mechanism? J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2009;20(9):1071-1073.
- Bradfield J, Buch E, Tung R, Shivkumar K. Recurrent irregular tachycardia that consistently terminates on a P wave: what is the mechanism? J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010;21(9):1062-1063.