Erin P. Dowling, MD
Accepting new patients
Dr. Erin Dowling obtained her medical degree from the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. She completed her residency at the Cedars- Sinai/ Los Angeles VA program. She completed a UCLA Kennamer fellowship in general internal medicine at Cedars Sinai and served as an academic attending in their residency program while obtaining special training in the medical management of the morbidly obese patient. She spent a year on the faculty at UPMC in Pittsburgh prior to joining the faculty at UCLA in 2011. Her current interests including understanding the complexities of hospital readmissions as well as optimizing transitions of care. Dr. Dowling board certified in Internal Medicine in 2009.
Medical Board Certification
Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2009
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, 2010
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, 2009
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, 2007
UCLA School of Medicine, MD, 2006
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center
UCLA Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital
- Prognostication Accuracy, Confidence, and Decisional Conflict Across Training Levels of Internal Medicine Providers. Namavar AA, Vangala S, Pietras C, Dowling EP. J Palliat Care. 2020 Oct;35(4):226-231. doi: 10.1177/0825859719867672. Epub 2019 Aug 12.PMID: 31405315
- High-Output Heart Failure From Growth of Vascular Malformations in Multiple Gestation Pregnancy. Srivastava PK, Vyas N, Jones J, Wong TC, Holliman K, Small AJ, Rao RR, Dowling EP, Finn JP, Duckwiler GR, Reardon LC, Aboulhosn JA, Ascher SB, Hogeling M, Lluri G, Yang EH.Circ Heart Fail. 2019 Nov;12(11):e006561. doi: 10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.119.006561. Epub 2019 Oct 29.PMID: 31658832 Free article. No abstract available.
- Letter to the Editor: Understanding the Perspective of Hispanic Patients Readmitted to a Large Academic Health System. Namavar AA, Yuen AD, Dillard N, Vangala S, Dowling EP.Am J Med Qual. 2020 Mar/Apr;35(2):188-189. doi: 10.1177/1062860619863484. Epub 2019 Jul 17.PMID: 31311285 No abstract available.
- Using Decisional Conflict to Evaluate Patient Engagement During Hospital Discharge. Dowling EP, Namavar AA, Vangala S, Busuttil A, Afsar-Manesh N.Am J Med Qual. 2018 May/Jun;33(3):330. doi: 10.1177/1062860617734307. Epub 2017 Oct 13.PMID: 29027472 No abstract available.
- Impact of an Enhanced Transition Process on Patient Readiness for Discharge. Namavar AA, Huey L, Busuttil A, Afsar-Manesh N, Dowling EP. Am J Med Qual. 2016 Nov;31(6):604-605. doi: 10.1177/1062860616649437. Epub 2016 May 16.PMID: 27259878 Clinical Trial. No abstract available.
- Why celiac disease is so easy to miss. Mavrinac MA, Ohannessian A, Dowling EP, Dowling PT.J Fam Pract. 2014 Sep;63(9):508-13.PMID: 25353024 No abstract available.