Dr. Shah earned her bachelor's degree at Stanford University and her medical degree at USC School of Medicine (Alpha Omega Alpha honor society). She completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at UCLA School of Medicine followed by her fellowship in cardiovascular disease at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center (LAMC). Dr. Shah is board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases, Echocardiography, and Nuclear Cardiology.
Dr. Shah's clinical interests include women's health, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, arrhythmias, congestive heart failure, heart disease prevention, and cardiac imaging including echocardiography, trans-esophageal echocardiography, and nuclear imaging.
Dr. Shah speaks English, Spanish and Gujarati.
Medical Board Certification
- Garg, V. Tan, W., Ardehali, R., Shah, Janki, Huynh, T., and Aksoy, O. “Giant cell myocarditis masquerading as orbital myositis with a rapid, fulminant course necessitating mechanical support and heart transplantation” ESC Heart Failure. doi: 10.1002/ehf2.12141. Mar 2017.
- Pu, J., Hastings, K., Boothroyd, D., Powell, J., Chung, S., Shah, J., Cullen, M., Palaniappan, L., Rehkoph, D. “Geographic Variations in Cardiovascular Disease Mortality among Asian American Subgroups, 2003-2011” Journal of the American Heart Association. DOI:10.1161/JAHA.117.005597. 2017.
- Middlekauff HR, Shah JB, Yu JL, Hui K. “Acupuncture effects on autonomic responses to cold pressor and handgrip exercise in healthy humans.” Clinical Autonomic Research. 14(2):113-8. Apr 2004.
- Super Doctors® Southern California 2021
- American Heart Association Service Award 2018
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society- Keck USC School of Medicine