- Clinical Chief, Community Practices, Melvin and Bren Simon Digestive Diseases Center
Dr. Connolly attended Stanford University and graduated with a major in biology and a minor in history. She earned her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine and completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine. She then moved to UCLA for her gastroenterology fellowship training. During her fellowship she completed a masters in clinical research in the Biomathematics Department at UCLA. She worked with Dr. Emeran Mayer, director of the G. Oppenheimer Center for Neurobiology of Stress and Resilience (CNSR), on research looking at brain signals involved in obesity and food addiction.
Dr. Connolly practices general gastroenterology, with clinical expertise in functional gastrointestinal disorders (including irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation and functional dyspepsia), inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis), and gastrointestinal endoscopy. She is board certified in both internal medicine and gastroenterology.
Medical Board Certification
Areas of Focus
- Super Doctors® Southern California 2020 - 2022
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine 2021, 2019
- Super Doctors® Rising Stars Southern California - 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
- Nominated for UCLA Health Exceptional Physician Award - 2018