Mary Scotti joined the division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at UCLA in March 2008 where she practiced and served the division assisting in the Operating Room and CTICU. Joining the division of Congenital Cardiothoracic Surgery in October, 2009, Mary has continued to be involved in the multiple surgical aspects of the congenital patient and family’s experience within the Mattel Children’s Hospital at UCLA.
Prior to joining UCLA, Mary was a Physical Education teacher and coach while she studied to be an RN. She then worked for 20 years for California Center for Cardiothoracic Surgery with surgical programs in San Fernando Valley and Ventura County as clinical nurse liaison. Mary then graduated with her MS in Nursing, Family Practice NP, from CSU Dominguez Hills in 2007.
Mary is an NP III, enjoying growing the NP role within the team by participating in inter-department conference and review, data, IRB and creating new and improved methods in caring for our Congenital Cardiac population.
- Master of Science in Nursing, California State University, Dominguez Hills 2007
- Family Nurse Practitioner Program, 2007
- Bachelor of Science Physical Education, CSU Northridge, 1982
- Board Certified American Academy of Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric & Adult Cardiothoracic Nurse Practitioner, Congenital Cardiothoracic Surgery, UCLA Medical Center, 2008-present
- Clinical Cardiothoracic Nurse Coordinator, California Center for Cardiothoracic Surgery, 1989-2008
- CTICU RN Encino-Tarzana Regional Medical Center, 1985-1990
- California Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Academy of Nurse practitioners