Preferred Name: Maryum Merchant
"As a pulmonologist, my mission is to help patients in our community breathe better and be able to enjoy a good quality of life. I joined UCLA Health because I can provide my patients the highest level of care by blending the academic research knowledge of UCLA with evidence-based medicine."
Dr Merchant worked as a private practice hospitalist in Southern California for three years after completing her residency in Internal Medicine at UCSF-Fresno in 2007. She then pursued a fellowship in Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Over the course of her fellowship, she has gained significant experience in managing patients with advanced lung disease, including transplant, chronic obstructive lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, and interstitial lung disease. She is currently a Clinical Instructor of Medicine at David Geffen - UCLA School of Medicine. She is also a member of American College of Chest Physician (ACCP) and American Thoracic Society (ATS).
Medical Board Certifications
- Merchant M, Bando J, Liu Rebecca, Smith IM, Gordon R., A perplexing case of recurrent chest pain. PCCM Journal 2014. Accepted, awaiting publication.
- Merchant MH, Romero AO, Libke RD, Joseph J., Pleural effusion in hospitalized patients with Coccidiodomycosis. Respiratory Medicine. 2008; 102: 537-540.
- Merchant M, Lewis M., 47 y/o female with worsening dyspnea, arthritis and muscle pain. Chest Aug, 2012
- Merchant, M; Ghandehari, S; Chaux, G; Falk, J. Introduction of rapid PCR Detection of Viral Pathogens in Lung Transplant Recipients. (abstract) Am J Respir Crit Care Med 187;2013:A2194
- Merchant M, Aoyama C, Kamangar, N. A rare case of thoracic Metastasis from Liposarcoma (abstract). CHEST. 2012; 142(4):575A-575A. doi: 10.1378/chest.1387291
- Merchant M, Chaux G, Ghandehari S, Falk J. Blue Airways in a Lung Transplant Recipient (abstract). Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012; 185(1): A5822