Maureen A. McMahon is a Professor of Medicine/ Rheumatology who practices in Westwood and Encino.
She is a graduate of the University of Chicago Pritzker school of Medicine and completed a residency in Internal Medicine at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago where she served as chief resident in Medicine. Dr. McMahon completed a fellowship in Rheumatology and a master’s degree in Clinical Research at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Medical Board Certification
- Causes of Cardiovascular Disease in Lupus
- Lupus Clinical Trials
- Causes of Damage in Lupus
- Zhu, L, Singh, M, Lele, S, Liang, M, Sahakian, L, Grossman, J, and McMahon, M.“Assessing the Validity of QRISK3 at Predicting Cardiovascular Events in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Patients.” Lupus Sci Med. 2022 Feb;9(1):e000564.. PMID: 35193947
- Skaggs, BJ, Grossman, J, Sahakian L, Perry, L, FitzGerald, J, Charles-Schoeman, C, Gorn, A, Taylor, M, Weisman, M, Wallace, DJ , Hahn, BH, and McMahon, M “A panel of biomarkers associates with increased risk for cardiovascular events in women with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. “ ACR Open Rheumatol. 2021 Feb 19. doi: 10.1002/acr2.11223. PMID: 33605563
- McMahon, M and Skaggs, B. “Cardiovascular Disease in Systemic Lupus Erythematousus.” In Lahita R and Costenbader K ed. Lahita Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, 6th ed. Elsevier Inc. 2021