Dr. Melissa J. Cohen is assistant clinical professor of medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and a board certified medical oncologist practicing at UCLA Hematology/Oncology in Westlake Village and Porter Ranch. She began her medical training at George Washington University in Washington D.C., and then moved to Denver where she completed her internal medicine residency training at the University of Colorado. In 2008, she relocated to Southern California to complete her fellowship training in both geriatrics and medical oncology at UCLA.
Her goal is to deliver individualized care of the highest quality, using state-of-the-art medical science, while focusing on all aspects of the patient's experience - physical, emotional, psychological as well as spiritual.
Medical Board Certifications
- Cohen M, Naeim A: Assessing the Older Cancer Patient. In: Hurria A, Balducci L. Geriatric Oncology: 2009; New York: Springer Science.
- Cohen M, Naeim A: The Value of a Second Opinion. In: Management of the Older Cancer Patient. 2011; Philadelphia: Elsevier.
- Cohen MJ, Naeim A. Oncology. Osteoporosis, fractures, and risk of falls. 2010 Jul;24(8):752-3.
- Naeim A, Cohen M: Oncology. Chemotherapy in the Elderly: Further Considerations. Jan;24(1):91-2.
- Andorsky DJ, Cohen MJ, Naeim A, Pinter-Brown L. Outcomes of auto-SCT for lymphoma in subjects aged 70 years and over. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2011 Sep;46(9):1219-25.
- ASCO University module on Cancer Care for Older Patients. Cohen, MJ, Naeim A, Reuben, D. Released August 2010.
- Super Doctors® Southern California 2022
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2018
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2017
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2016