- Nephrology Fellowship Program Director
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
- Named the 2021 Top Doctor of Los Angeles
Dr. Kamgar is Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine and Nephrology faculty at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
After medical school graduation, he completed the Renal Disease and Hypertension Research Fellowship at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Internal Medicine Residency at the University of California Irvine.
Following residency, Dr. Kamgar completed clinical nephrology and transplant Fellowship at the David Geffen School of Medicine, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He is board-certified in Medicine and Nephrology and awarded as Faculty of the American Society of Nephrology.
Dr. Kamgar's interests in medical education, where he serves as Director of Nephrology Fellowship Training Program.
He works as a critical care nephrologist in Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and his outpatient practice is located at Westwood UCLA Nephrology Medical Plaza with a special interest in the treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease, ADPKD, and Lupus Nephritis.
Medical Board Certification
- Hahn, B. H., McMahon, M. A., Wilkinson, A., Wallace, W. D., Daikh, D. I., Fitzgerald, J. D., Karpouzas, G. A., Merrill, J. T., Wallace, D. J., Yazdany, J., Ramsey-Goldman, R., Singh, K., Khalighi, M., Choi, S. I., Gogia, M., Kafaja, S., Kamgar, M., Lau, C., Martin, W. J., Parikh, S., … American College of Rheumatology (2012). American College of Rheumatology guidelines for screening, treatment, and management of lupus nephritis. Arthritis care & research, 64(6), 797–808. https://doi.org/10.1002/acr.21664
- Nobakht N, Kamgar M, Rastogi A, Schrier RW. Limitations of angiotensin inhibition. Nat Rev Nephrol. 2011 Jun;7(6):356-9. doi: 10.1038/nrneph.2011.29. Epub 2011 Apr 19. PMID: 21502972.
- Hanna RM, Velez JC, Rastogi A, Nguyen MK, Kamgar MK, Moe K, Arman F, Hasnain H, Nobakht N, Selamet U, Kurtz I. Equivalent Efficacy and Decreased Rate of Overcorrection in Patients With Syndrome of Inappropriate Secretion of Antidiuretic Hormone Given Very Low-Dose Tolvaptan. Kidney Med. 2019 Nov 26;2(1):20-28. doi: 10.1016/j.xkme.2019.09.004. Erratum in: Kidney Med. 2020 Apr 15;2(2):226. PMID: 32734225; PMCID: PMC7380356.
- Niloofar Nobakht, Ramy M. Hanna, Maha Al-Baghdadi, Khalid Mohammed Ameen, Farid Arman, Ehsan Nobahkt, Mohammad Kamgar, Anjay Rastogi. Advances in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease: A Clinical Review, Published:February 21, 2020 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xkme.2019.11.009
- Rastogi A, Yuan S, Arman F, Simon L, Shaffer K, Kamgar M, Nobakht N, Bromberg JS, Weir MR. Blood Pressure and Living Kidney Donors: A Clinical Perspective. Transplant Direct. 2019 Sep 19;5(10):e488. doi: 10.1097/TXD.0000000000000939. PMID: 31723583; PMCID: PMC6791603.
- Kamgar M, Nobakhthaghighi N, Shamshirsaz AA, Estacio RO, McFann KK, Schrier RW. Impaired fibrinolytic activity in type II diabetes: correlation with urinary albumin excretion and progression of renal disease. Kidney Int. 2006 May;69(10):1899-903. doi: 10.1038/sj.ki.5000355. PMID: 16598198.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- Faculty of the American Society of Nephrology