Title: Associate Clinical Professor of Nephrology
Dr. Nobakht is a Nephrology faculty member at UCLA. Her current research and practice are focused on Hypertension, Diabetes, Polycystic Kidney Diseases in patients with chronic kidney disease. She completed a kidney disease research fellowship at the University of Colorado Health Science Center in Denver and the Internal Medicine residency training at the University of Southern California.
She completed the Clinical Nephrology Fellowship at the David Geffen School of Medicine, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
She is board certified and Faculty of the American Society of Nephrology, with several publications. She has participated in a wealth of research including hypertension, diabetes, polycystic kidney disease and kidney transplantation.
She highly supports the mission of kidney health awareness in our society in both the research and clinic field. She is the founder of the Music and Kidney program and was awarded as wellness champion. She highly supports the role of music and wellness on human health. Her outpatient practice is located at UCLA Westwood Medical Plaza Nephrology Clinic.
Medical Board Certifications
Areas of Focus
- Hypertension Management
Proceedings of UCLA Health
- Sodium zirconium cyclosilicate for the management of chronic hyperkalemia in kidney disease, a novel agent. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2021. PMID: 34227913
- Advances in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease: A Clinical Review. Kidney Med. 2020 Feb, PMID: 32734239
- Equivalent Efficacy and Decreased Rate of Overcorrection in Patients With Syndrome of Inappropriate Secretion of Antidiuretic Hormone Given Very Low-Dose Tolvaptan. Kidney Med. 2019 Nov PMCID: PMC7380356.
- Limitations of angiotensin inhibition Nat Rev Nephrol. 2011 Jun;7(6):356-9. doi: 10.1038/nrneph.2011.29. Epub 2011 Apr 19.
- Blood Pressure and Living Kidney Donors: A Clinical Perspective Transplant Direct. 2019 Sep, PMID: 31723583
- Development of Collapsing Focal and Segmental Glomerulosclerosis in a Patient Receiving Intravitreal Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Blockade Kidney Int Rep. 2019 Aug 7;4(10):1508-1512. doi: 10.1016/j.ekir.2019.07.019. eCollection 2019 Oct.
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: updated perspectives Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2019 Aug 26;15:1041-1052. doi: 10.2147/TCRM.S196244. eCollection 2019.
- Variation in age at ESRD in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease Am J Kidney Dis. 2008 Feb;51(2):173-83. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2007.10.037.
- Differential distribution of muscle and skin sympathetic nerve activity in patients with end-stage renal disease J Appl Physiol (1985). 2008 Dec;105(6):1873-6. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.90849.2008. Epub 2008 Oct 9.
- Relationship between urinary albumin excretion and left ventricular mass with mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006 Nov;1(6):1187-90. Epub 2006 Sep 13.
- Impaired fibrinolytic activity in type II diabetes: correlation with urinary albumin excretion and progression of renal disease Kidney Int. 2006 May;69(10):1899-903.
- Autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease in infancy and childhood: progression and outcome Kidney Int. 2005 Nov;68(5):2218-24.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- Featured Wellness Champion