Dr. Goldberg is an internationally recognized surgeon, researcher, and teacher. He has developed many new surgeries which are now taught and practiced internationally, including less invasive treatments for eye and orbit cancers, new surgeries for Thyroid eye disease, new surgical techniques for tearing problems. He has had leadership and Executive positions in the American Society Ophthalmic Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, California Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Medical Board Certifications
- Minimally Invasive Orbital and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
- Graves Orbitopathy: surgical rehabilitation and medical treatment
- Optic Nerve Trauma
- Orbital Imaging
- Dacryocystorhinostomy: analyzing factors for successful surgery
200 publications, including chapters and textbooks
- Editorial board member for several prominent ophthalmic and plastic surgery journals
- Section Editor for the American Academy of Ophthalmology online education
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- Multiple awards including the Senior Honor award of the AAO, both the Lester Jones Anatomy award and the Henry Baylis awards, ASOPRS.
- Invited featured speaker at multiple national and international meetings, including named lectures.