Dr. Satiro De Oliveira is a board-certified pediatrician and board-certified pediatric hematology/oncologist.
Dr. De Oliveira received his medical degree in Brazil, and completed his pediatric residency at Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center in New York and his pediatric hematology/oncology fellowship at the Children's Hospital Los Angeles, joining UCLA in 2010.
His clinical focus is on pediatric hematology/oncology, pediatric stem cell transplantation, cellular therapies and gene therapies.
His research interests are cancer immunotherapy and biology of stem cell transplantation, bringing cancer immunotherapy, cellular therapy and gene therapy approaches to standard practice to improve patient outcomes.
Medical Board Certifications
- Immunotherapy of Leukemias and Lymphomas
- Biology of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Immune Reconstitution after Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Primary immune deficiencies.
- Gene therapy
- 2009 Career Development Award Translational Research Training in Hematology by the European Hematology Association (EHA) and the American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- 2010 St. Baldrick's Foundation Scholar Career Development Award
- 2011 Hyundai Hope on Wheels Research Grant Award
- 2012 K-12 UCLA Child Health Research Center Development Award (CHRCDA)
- 2013 UCLA CTSI Scholar Award
- 2013 Today's and Tomorrow's Children Fund Award
- 2015 Kure It Cancer Research Rivals United for a Kure Award
- 2015 Hyundai Hope on Wheels Scholar Hope Grant Award
- 2015 Variety Club D. Barry Reardon Endowed Chair
- 2015 American Society of Hematology (ASH) Scholar Award
- 2016 STOP CANCER Research Career Development Award
- 2017 NCI 1K23 CA222659-01