Dr. Pabby grew up in Southern California after which he went to Bangalore, India to attend medical school at MS Ramaiah Medical College. He subsequently completed his residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at University of Southern California, LA County. He then worked as an associate physician in internal medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA and was appointed instructor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, practicing full-time internal medicine and part-time pediatrics. Dr. Pabby then went on to pursue fellowship training in gastroenterology and hepatology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital / Harvard Medical School Program. During the third year of fellowship, he was recognized for teaching and was awarded a fellowship-teaching award by the department of medicine. In addition, during his fellowship, Dr. Pabby obtained a master’s in public health from the Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA.
Dr. Pabby is board certified in gastroenterology, internal medicine and pediatrics. He is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterology Association, the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America and the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Dr. Pabby practices general gastroenterology with a particular interest in inflammatory bowel disease. His research interests include translational and clinical research in inflammatory bowel disease. Dr. Pabby is the lead gastroenterologist of the North Hollywood Digestive Diseases Practice and director of the North Hollywood Endoscopy Center.
He enjoys teaching having served as faculty at the UCLA Clinical Skills to 1st and 2nd year medical students and Advanced Abdominal Examination course at Harvard Medical School. He is currently serving as an Educator for Excellence within the David Geffen School of Medicine.
Medical Board Certifications
- Top Doctors Los Angeles Magazine - 2021
- 07/2013 - Nominated and accepted to become a member of the American Gastroenterology Association (AGA) Academy of Educators
- 01/2013 - Fellowship Teaching Award for Gastroenterology and Hepatology: Awarded to clinical fellows by medical residents for their compassion and dedication to teaching (Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School)
- 02/2012 - Accepted to participate in the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation Visiting IBD Fellowship Program (Cedars - Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles, CA)
- 11/2011 - Nominated and accepted to attend the IBD Mentoring Program for GI Fellows (Chandler, AZ)