FDG PET/CT in Monitoring Very Early Therapy Response in Patients With Glioblastoma
This pilot clinical trial studies fluordeoxyglucose (fludeoxyglucose) F-18 (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) in monitoring very early therapy response in patients with glioblastoma. Diagnostic procedures, such as FDG PET/CT, may help measure a patient's response to earlier treatment. Chemotherapy can induce very rapid changes to the tumor's glucose consumption which can be measured with imaging. FDG PET/CT shortly after the start of therapy may help identify very early therapy response in patients with glioblastoma.
- Patients with histologically proven high grade glioma
- Intention to start therapy
- Severe psychiatric illness
- Inability to give written consent
- Breast feeding / pregnancy