Open Actively Recruiting
Quadratus Lumborum Block for Total Hip Arthroplasty
The quadratus lumborum (QL) block is a fascial plane block that has been described to provide analgesia from T7-L3 dermatomes. The investigators aim to evaluate the efficacy of QL blocks in patients undergoing primary total hip arthroplasty (THA).
- Adult subjects undergoing elective primary total hip arthroplasty
- patients age < 18,
- documented allergy to local anesthetic
- presence of peripheral neuropathy
- patients with current long term opioid use defined as receiving an opioid on most days in a 90 day period
- patients with a contraindication to spinal and regional anesthesia such as coagulopathy or infection at the site of the regional technique.
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you