Open Actively Recruiting
A Study of TAK-341 in Treatment of Multiple System Atrophy
The main aim is to see how TAK-341 works after 52 weeks in participants with multiple system atrophy as measured by the Unified Multiple System Atrophy Rating Scale Part I (UMSARS).The study will enroll approximately 138 patients. Participants will receive a total of 13 intravenous infusions every 4 weeks approximately, these may be either of TAK-341 or placebo, after each infusion some blood samplings will be taken and other assessments completed. This trial will be conducted in North America, Europe and Asia.
- The participant has a diagnosis of possible or probable MSA using the modified Gilman et al, 2008 diagnostic criteria.
- The participant's onset of first MSA symptoms occurred ≤4 years before screening, as assessed by the investigator.
- Evidence of MSA specific symptoms and deficits as measured by the UMSARS scale.
- The participant has any contraindication to study procedures. Diagnostic Assessments:
- Presence of confounding diagnosis and/or conditions that could affect participant's safety during the study per investigator judgement.
- The participant's participation in a previous study of a disease-modifying therapy (with proven receipt of active treatment) will compromise the interpretability of the data from the present study, per consultation with medical monitor or designee. Other:
- The participant has participated in another study investigating active or passive immunization against α-synuclein (αSYN) for progressive disease (PD) or MSA, or has had immunoglobulin G therapy, within 6 months before screening.
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you