Open Actively Recruiting
Study of UX701 Gene Transfer for the Treatment of Wilson Disease
The primary objectives of this study are to evaluate the safety of single IV doses of UX701 in patients with Wilson disease, to select the UX701 dose with the best benefit/risk profile based on the totality of safety and efficacy data and to evaluate the effect of UX701 on copper regulation.
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Confirmed diagnosis of Wilson disease
- Ongoing copper chelator (ie, penicillamine, trientine) and/or zinc therapy for at least 12 months at screening, with no medication or dose changes for at least 6 months at screening.
- Stable Wilson disease as evidenced by stable 24-hour urinary copper concentration during the Screening Period
- Ongoing restriction of high copper containing foods for at least 12 months at Screening, continued through study participation.
- Willing and able to comply with all study procedures and requirements, including frequent blood collection, total urine collection over a 24-hour period, patient-reported outcome assessments, and long-term follow-up
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Detectable pre-existing antibodies to the AAV9 capsid.
- Stage 1 only: History of copper chelator or zinc therapy noncompliance, in the Investigator's judgment, within 12 months prior to Screening.
- History of liver transplant.
- Decompensated hepatic cirrhosis or presence of advanced liver disease as evidenced by portal hypertension, ascites, splenomegaly, esophageal varices, hepatic encephalopathy.
- Significant hepatic inflammation as evidenced by laboratory abnormalities.
- Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score > 13.
- Hemoglobin < 9 g/dL
- Presence of Stage 3 or higher chronic kidney disease based on estimated glomerular filtration rate < 60 mL/min/1.73 m2.
- Marked neurological deficit or compromise that, in the Investigator's opinion, would interfere with the subject's safety or ability to participate in the study.
- Moderate to severe depression, recent or active suicidal ideation with intent or suicidal behavior, psychosis, or unstable psychiatric illness.
- Participation in another gene transfer study or use of another gene transfer product before or during study participation.
- Subjects with known hypersensitivity to amide-containing local anesthetics are excluded from participating in the optional liver biopsy substudy.
Note: Other protocol defined Inclusion/ Exclusion criteria may apply
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you
Genetic and Rare Diseases
- UCLA Westwood
For detailed technical eligibility, visit ClinicalTrials.gov.