Once you have been accepted to the program
Please familiarize yourself with the following links prior to your arrival at the program site where you will be participating. You will receive a checklist of items from the program administrator that you should have completed by May 1.
Once the program is underway
The following links provide important information that will become relevant as the program progresses. Please refer to these pages as necessary throughout the summer.
- Expectations of Students
- Please keep your original receipts for expenses such as supplies, copies, printing, incidentals, etc. You will be reimbursed for these purchases from the $200 materials allowance (maximum per student). Upon completion of the program you will need to submit the original receipts to the program administrator. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks from the time you send your receipts for payment to arrive at your home address.
- Lectures, Conferences, and Events
- Clinical Experiences
- Oral Presentations
- All students participating in the MSTAR program over the summer will present a ~10 minute oral presentation of their research at an event scheduled by their site. The presentations usually occur at the end of July. Students are instructed how to develop and present an oral presentation during the seminar series.
- Download sample oral presentation 1
- Download sample oral presentation 2
- Research Abstracts
Once you have completed the program
- Submit original receipts for reimbursement
- Submit research abstract
- Complete overall program survey
Additional resources for experiences in Geriatrics and research training
- Rewards of a Career in Geriatrics
- Portal to Geriatric Online Education
- Medicine-Geriatrics Integrated Residency and Fellowship