UCLA Geriatric Medicine Fellowship is one of the oldest, largest and most successful Geriatric Medicine Fellowships in the United States. We have had fellows training in Geriatrics since the early 1980’s, and we routinely train up to 12 fellows each year. As a consequence, we have over 300 alumni of our fellowship, most of whom are still active in their careers and who form a supportive network for our trainees, happy to offer advice or assistance when looking for jobs. Our alumni are busy with careers in research, clinical medicine, academic medicine, government, advocacy, higher education and business.
Some of the leadership positions held by our Fellowship graduates include:
- Chief of Geriatrics, UCLA
- Chief of Geriatrics Cedar Sinai Medical Center
- Chief of Geriatrics Loma Linda Medical Center
- Chief of Geriatrics UC San Diego
- Chief of Geriatrics Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles
- Chair, Dept of Integrated Medicine and Dean for Geriatrics, Florida International Univ
- Chief of Geriatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center
- Chief of Geriatrics, U of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Chief Medical Office for Clinical Research, UCLA
- Co-Chief of Geriatrics and Co-Director of Stanford Longevity Center
- Director, Greater Los Angeles VA GRECC
- Director, Greater Los Angeles VA Geriatrics and Extended Care
- Chair, Geriatrics, Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group
- Past President ABIM
- President and multiple Past Presidents AGS
- President Emeritus Grinnell College
Geriatric Journal Club
The Geriatric Journal Club is a learning activity where current fellows and faculty critically review a recent journal publication of a new research study, whose findings are relevant to the clinical care of older adults.
Alumni, perspective fellows and community members are welcome to attend the presentation, held virtually via zoom. Journal club will take place on select Fridays from 8 am - 9 am. Please reach out to Jen Ayala at [email protected] for the virtual invitation.
Geriatric Grand Rounds
Our Grand Round Lectures are a forum of Geriatric Medicine providers, social workers, nursing students that come together to listen on formal presentation provided by expert leaders in the field. This event is held on select Fridays, once per month from 8 am - 9 am. CME credits are offered. Please reach out to Jen Ayala at [email protected] for the virtual invitation.
The Office of Continuing Medical Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Office of Continuing Medical Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Support the Program
Your donation helps sponsor travel for our fellows to attend AGS, contributes to the cost of educational materials for the fellows including individual subscriptions to the Geriatric Review syllabus, and supports wellness events.