Internal Medicine-Pediatrics (Med-Peds) has invested time and resources to increase our in-house data analytics capacity. With a dedicated analyst, project management team, and senior leadership advisor, we have produced both division wide and resident projects.
These efforts are a joint venture between our division and the Office of Population Health & Accountable Care (OPHAC). Our division manages the intake process, while OPHAC manages the execution of the request as they are the knowledge experts.
To begin the intake process, please complete the intake form below and email it to [email protected].
Lifecycle of Data Requests
- Stakeholder sends request or completed intake form to [email protected].
- If the intake form was not already completed, data team asks stakeholder to complete intake form.
- Med-Peds leadership prioritizes request.
- Med-Peds and OPHAC confirm request during weekly prioritization meeting.
- OPHAC team manages all efforts once request has been prioritized.
- OPHAC team organizes project kick-off meeting and if applicable, any maintenance meetings.
- OPHAC team communicates all project updates and shares deliverables.
- Updates to active projects are managed by OPHAC.
- OPHAC handles closure of request.
- After the request is closed, if stakeholder wants to make updates to a report or dashboard, they will need to submit a new request to [email protected] and enter prioritization queue again.
Timeline is dependent on the project team’s preparation and request. If project team can provide all codes, populations, and measures they would like included, development can move quickly. Depending on the presented information and communication styles of the project team, monthly reports can be generated on average within four weeks. Depending on the presented information and communication styles of the project team, Tableau dashboards can be generated on average within seven weeks.
Scope of In-House Data Analytics
There are many options for data analytics at UCLA, but we encourage our staff to use this in-house option when applicable.
This in-house team can support:
- Data mining
- Excel report generation
- Tableau dashboard development
- Strategy on mining, report generation, or dashboard development
- Guidance on already available Tableau dashboards
The in-house team can not provide support for the following items:
- Individual chart review
- Builds within CareConnect
- Statistical analysis
- Study design