Program Fast Facts
- ACGME Accredited: Yes
- Fellows per year: 2
- Duration: 3 years
- Post-graduate training required: 3 years
- U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
- Salary: https://medschool.ucla.edu/gme-housestaff-salaries
- Benefits: https://www.uclahealth.org/mattel/resident-life
Eligibility Criteria For Fellowship Training at UCLA
- MD (Medical Degree) or equivalent
- US Citizenship, Canadian Citizenship, or permanent resident status in the U.S. is preferred.
- ** For Non-Citizens: We can consider applicants who carry J-1 visas on a case-by-case basis (please send me your CV for review). Currently all other visa types are not eligible for fellowship.
- Expectation of satisfactory completion of requirements for Certification in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- UCLA participates in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). You must register with the NRMP, and provide us with your NRMP #
- License to Practice Medicine in California and PTAL (at the time of starting fellowship)
- To find out more about UCLA Fellowship Salaries and benefits, Life in LA and other information please visit the UCLA Graduate Medical Education website.
Application Process for July Positions
Applicants must apply through ERAS to this program.
Please provide the following:
A) Curriculum vitae (Be sure to include email contact information)
B) Completed Uniform Application Form
C) Personal Statement
D) 3 Letters of Recommendation
E) NRMP #: Please register with the National Residency Match Program (NRMP)
F) Dean's letter from Medical School
G) Photo (pdf, jpeg or original )
From received applications, we will invite a select group of prospective applicants to interview virtually.
Timeline for applications for July positions
Applications will be reviewed from July to September and interviews will be scheduled from August to October.
Note that applications will not be considered until at least 2 LOR have been received.
Rank List due in November
Match Day in December
UCLA Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship
Division of Pediatric Cardiology
200 Medical Plaza, Suite 224
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Attn: Marisol Rivera
Koyelle Papneja, MD
Fellowship Program Director
Fellowship Program Coordinator
For all other educational opportunities please contact Fellowship Program Coordinator.
Thank you for your interest in our Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship program and good luck in your search for a quality education and career!