Dr. Masha Livhits is an Endocrine Surgeon and Assistant Professor of Surgery at UCLA. An exceptional achiever since childhood, she attended college at the age of 12 through the highly competitive Early Entrance Program at California State University, Los Angeles. She then received her medical degree at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and was awarded the prestigious Sarnoff Foundation genetics research grant.
Dr. Livhits completed her general surgery training and endocrine surgery fellowship at UCLA. She is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a member of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Livhits has published widely in the area of improving surgical outcomes and quality of care. She is dedicated to combining knowledge learned through research with her experience as a surgeon to deliver the best care to her patients. Her clinical and research interests include parathyroid disease, benign and malignant thyroid tumors, adrenal masses, and familial endocrine disorders. She helped to pioneer the new technique of single incision retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy in North America. She has an ongoing clinical trial to study molecular testing for thyroid nodules.
Additional Practice Locations:Porter Ranch - Primary & Specialty Care19950 Rinaldi StreetSuite 300Porter Ranch, California 91326Phone: 818-271-2400Fax: 818-271-2401
Pushing Through It Amazing Cancer Facility Experience with Dr. Livhitz Left Adrenalcortical Carcinoma SurgeryCancer Free First double adrenal gland removal at UCLA Parathyroidectomy My visit with UCLA Endocrine Surgery My halloween adventure Dr. Livhits and the team works as one! One lump turned into ten! Surgery For Hyperthyroidism “Sure Worth It” Left Adrenalectomy Complete Thyroidectomy Complete Thyroidectomy Complete thyroidectomy and adjacent lymph nodes Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Hyperparathyroid Surgery Recovery from Parathyroid Surgery My post thyroidectomy Small Cut, Big Results
Link to Dr. Livhits' PubMed publications >
1) Biochemical and Skeletal Outcomes of Parathyroidectomy for Normocalcemic (Incipient) Primary Hyperparathyroidism. Sho S, Kuo EJ, Chen AC, Li N, Yeh MW, Livhits MJ. Ann Surg Oncol. 2018 Nov 7.
2) Risk Factors for Readmission After Parathyroidectomy for Renal Hyperparathyroidism. Lee JD, Kuo EJ, Du L, Yeh MW, Livhits MJ. World J Surg. 2018 Oct 19.
3) Association of Radioactive Iodine Administration After Reoperation With Outcomes Among Patients With Recurrent or Persistent Papillary Thyroid Cancer. Hung ML, Wu JX, Li N, Livhits MJ, Yeh MW. JAMA Surg. 2018 Aug 15.
4) Gene Expression Classifier vs Targeted Next-Generation Sequencing in the Management of Indeterminate Thyroid Nodules. Livhits MJ, Kuo EJ, Leung AM, Rao J, Levin M, Douek ML, Beckett KR, Zanocco KA, Cheung DS, Gofnung YA, Smooke-Praw S, Yeh MW. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2018 Jun 1;103(6):2261-2268.
5) Decreasing Use of Radioactive Iodine for Low-Risk Thyroid Cancer in California, 1999 to 2015. Park KW, Wu JX, Du L, Leung AM, Yeh MW, Livhits MJ. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2018 Mar 1;103(3):1095-1101.
6) Recent Pregnancy Is Not Associated with High-Risk Pathological Features of Well-Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. Chen AC, Livhits MJ, Du L, Wu JX, Kuo EJ, Yeh MW, Leung AM. Thyroid. 2018 Jan;28(1):68-71.
7) Individualizing Surgery in Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Based on a Detailed Sonographic Assessment of Extrathyroidal Extension. Kuo EJ, Thi WJ, Zheng F, Zanocco KA, Livhits MJ, Yeh MW. Thyroid. 2017 Dec;27(12):1544- 1549.
8) Risk Factors Associated With Reoperation and Disease-Specific Mortality in Patients With Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma. Kuo EJ, Sho S, Li N, Zanocco KA, Yeh MW, Livhits MJ. JAMA Surg. 2018 Jan 1;153(1):52-59.
9) Factors Associated With Discordance Between Preoperative Parathyroid 4-Dimensional Computed Tomographic Scans and Intraoperative Findings During Parathyroidectomy. Sho S, Yuen AD, Yeh MW, Livhits MJ, Sepahdari AR. JAMA Surg. 2017 Dec 1;152(12):1141-1147.
10) Single-incision retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy: a North American experience. Sho S, Yeh MW, Li N, Livhits MJ. Surg Endosc. 2017 Jul;31(7):3014-3019.
Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
Note: News website links may expire without notice.